[Interview] I'm Obsessed With Venus Now. Here's Why
Active volcanism. Plate tectonics. Retaining the atmosphere without a magnetosphere. There's so much to learn about Venus! In this interview I'm discussing all these things with Dr Paul Byrne, Planetary Evangelist and Associate Professor of Earth and Planetary Science at Washington University in St. Louis
🐥 Professor Paul Byrne on Twitter:
🦄 Support us on Patreon:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:14 Why Venus?
- 00:05:32 The big questions
- 00:08:03 Why so underexplored
- 00:20:13 Problems with the VERITAS mission
- 00:30:05 Vulcanism on Venus
- 00:46:07 Data for the future
- 00:47:50 No Magnetosphere but with atmosphere. Why?
- 00:54:20 Plate tectonics
- 00:58:59 Venus as an exoplanet
- 01:04:13 Venus sample return
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 60,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
🤳 OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)