[Interview] Interstellar Travel Without Breaking Physics with Andrew Higgins
Interstellar travel can be real. And you don't need to break the laws of Physics to do it. In this interview, I discuss a realistic way we can send missions to nearby stars in our lifetimes.
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:02:06 How hard is interstellar travel
- 00:13:19 Ride solar wind like a bird
- 00:23:15 How a realistic mission can look like
- 00:40:20 Exploring the Solar System
- 00:46:50 Fastest gun in the world
- 00:55:39 Best way to get off planet Earth
- 01:01:08 Interstellar Symposium
- 01:04:00 First interstellar mission. When?
- 01:13:53 How to become an interstellar engineer
- 01:19:17 Outro
Andrew Higgins' group web page:
Jeff Greason’s idea for a “Reaction Drive powered by External Pressure” (the so-called q-drive).
New paper on Dynamic Soaring
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)