[Interview] Detecting Earth-Size Exoplanets with Magnetospheres
Magnetospheres seem to be a very important factor when considering how habitable a planet is. So it was really exciting when it was announced that an Earth-size exoplanet's magnetosphere was detected using radio telescopes. It can also be a method to look for exoplanets by detecting their magnetic fields.
I'm discussing this discovery with Dr Joe Pesce who is the Program Director at National Science Foundation.
🦄 Support us on Patreon:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:19 An exoplanet with a magnetosphere
- 06:10 Alternative explanations
- 11:38 Detecting magnetospheres with existing telescopes
- 17:30 Scaling up the method
- 21:38 Big surveys with radio telescopes
- 25:38 What's next
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 60,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)