[Q&A] Milky Way from ISS, Jupiter Catching Fire, Best Sci-Fi Novel
How does Venus hold its atmosphere without a magnetosphere? Is the Sun moving to the Milky Way's centre? What happens when the space elevator cable snaps? Can we solve the Hubble Tension? All this and more in this week's Q&A!
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
- 00:00 Start
- 00:47 [Tatooine] How does Venus hold its atmosphere without a magnetosphere?
- 03:58 [Coruscant] Which is the best target for the Solar Gravitational Lens telescope?
- 06:40 [Hoth] Why aren't there more launch complexes near the equator?
- 10:00 [Naboo] Should you use 'microgravity' instead of 'zero gravity'?
- 11:37 [Kamino] How does the Milky Way look from the ISS?
- 13:03 [Bespin] Why doesn't Jupiter catch fire if it's flammable gas?
- 15:28 [Mustafar] Will I ever go to space?
- 18:33 [Alderaan] Is the Sun moving to the Milky Way's centre?
- 20:55 [Dagobah] What happens when the space elevator cable snaps?
- 22:58 [Yavin] How does time dilation change interstellar flights?
- 25:18 [Mandalore] Why don't we make space probes more definitive?
- 29:43 [Geonosis] What is my favourite recent Sci-Fi novel?
- 31:30 [Corellia] Have I ever seen a UFO?
- 32:23 [Crait] Can we solve the Hubble Tension?
- 34:39 [Endor] How weight changes on top of Mount Everest?
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)