[Interview] Breakthrough In Dark Energy? Here's What The Researchers Have To Say
A recent research paper suggests that supermassive black holes can be the source of dark energy. It's a big potential breakthrough in Astronomy. So, here's what the co-author of the study, Dr Chris Pearson from STFC RAL Space, has to say about it.
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
👉 More about the research:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:36 How did the paper come together
- 03:36 Connection between Dark Energy and Black Holes
- 06:48 Observations behind the research
- 14:37 Causation or just correlation?
- 21:20 Redefining what black holes are
- 25:27 Dark Energy core of a black hole
- 27:53 Nature of dark energy
- 35:35 Will Dark Energy tear the Universe apart?
- 38:30 What's next
- 40:11 Outro
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
🤳 OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)