[Q&A] Protecting from Solar Flares, Tiny Rockets, Oldest Possible Ice
Can you maintain a stable orbit with just a solar sail? Will a Dyson sphere or swarm kill all life inside of it? Can you protect yourself from a solar flare? What's the oldest ice in the Universe? All this and more in this week's Q&A!
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
- 00:00 Start
- 00:48 [Tatooine] Can you maintain orbit with just a solar sail?
- 06:44 [Coruscant] Does a Dyson sphere kill all life inside of it?
- 11:04 [Hoth] Can a Faraday cage protect from a solar flare?
- 13:52 [Naboo] Can there be a stable irregular-shaped planet?
- 17:45 [Kamino] How small can a rocket be?
- 19:35 [Bespin] Can we detect artificial light on Proxima b?
- 22:54 [Mustafar] How old was the Universe when first ice was able to form?
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
🤳 OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)