[Q&A] Rings Around Stars, Laser Space Propulsion, Life on Cold Moons
How do we determine the velocities of objects in distant space? Can we use a laser a space engine on a spaceship? Can we find stars with rings? Is it possible to see the same star at different stages of its life? All this and more in this week's Q&A.
🦄 Support us on Patreon:
- 00:00 Start
- 02:21 [Tatooine] Can stars have rings?
- 07:59 [Coruscant] Can we see stars at different life stages with gravitational lensing?
- 11:29 [Hoth] Why not launch payloads from orbit?
- 14:30 [Naboo] What would happen if time stopped?
- 16:20 [Kamino] Does Elon/Twitter impact spaceflight confidence?
- 18:28 [Bespin] How can there be life on cold moons?
- 22:49 [Mustafar] What if a meteor hits the Moon while astronauts are there?
- 25:58 [Alderaan] Shouldn't ETs be benevolent like Vulcans and not malevolent like Klingons?
- 27:51 [Dagobah] How do we determine the speeds of objects in space?
- 30:06 [Yavin] Why go back to the Moon?
- 32:08 [Mandalore] Do you ever get tired of speculating and not lending your intellect to progress?
- 34:14 [Geonosis] Wen JWST Deep Field?
- 35:20 [Corellia] Why is Sag A disk not aligned with the galaxy?
- 37:23 [Crait] Will there be a Mars colony this century?
- 39:43 [Endor] Could we use a laser as an engine on a spaceship?
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)