[Q&A] Harvesting Dark Energy, Making Own Telescope, Escaping Gravity Wells
How hard is it to escape the gravity wells of massive planets for other civilizations? How hard is it to make your own telescopes? How do gas clouds become stars? Can we harvest dark energy after the Heat Death?
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
📖 Book Club Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1198440-universe-today-book-club
- 00:00 Start
- 02:43 [Tatooine] Can we use dark energy after heat death?
- 07:37 [Coruscant] How close are the stars in the Pillars of Creation?
- 09:39 [Hoth] How long does light from star cores take to get out?
- 13:22 [Naboo] Did NASA solve the solar panels problem with the Lucy mission?
- 15:32 [Kamino] Does matter expand as spacetime expands?
- 18:32 [Bespin] Do you subscribe to the Big Bang Theory?
- 23:13 [Mustafar] Can you escape the gravity wells of massive planets?
- 25:57 [Alderaan] How to make your own telescope?
- 29:18 [Dagobah] What is the Great Attractor?
- 33:11 [Yavin] How stable is Jupiter's L1 Lagrange point?
- 36:30 [Mandalore] How gas becomes a star?
- 39:43 Outro
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)