[Q&A] Quantum Computers for Astronomy, Catching Interstellar Guests, The Book Club
Can we catch the next interstellar visitor? Why do black holes' accretion disks glow? Can we make spaceships out of asteroids? How do we know that dark matter and dark energy actually exist? All that in this week's episode of Q&A with Fraser Cain. And we've started the Book Club!
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
📖 Book Club Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1198440-universe-today-book-club
- 00:00 Start
- 01:39 [Tatooine] Why do accretion disks glow?
- 06:19 [Coruscant] Can redshift create a light trail?
- 10:13 [Hoth] Can we turn asteroids into spaceships?
- 13:45 [Naboo] Book Club: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- 18:03 [Kamino] What's the current state of quantum computers?
- 22:54 [Bespin] Can we catch the next Oumuamua-type object?
- 27:53 [Mustafar] How do we know dark matter and dark energy exist?
- 34:12 [Alderaan] How can there be something beyond the observable universe?
- 36:51 [Dagobah] How will AI affect astronomy?
- 39:26 [Yavin] Would I freeze myself to see the future?
- 41:24 Outro
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)