[Q&A] JWST Worth the Hype? How to Build a Wormhole? How to Pass Van Allen Belts?
Are there alternatives to CMB? Will we ever build a space elevator? How can we see radiation coming from a black hole when nothing can escape it? Can you heat something with gravitational waves? Why JWST can look lame to the laymen? All this and more in this week's Q&A with Fraser Cain.
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:32 [Tatooine] Neutrino Background Radiation and CMB alternatives
- 08:56 [Coruscant] Can gravitational waves heat a planet?
- 10:39 [Hoth] Why do stars seem to change colour?
- 13:00 [Naboo] How can radiation escape black holes?
- 16:18 [Kamino] How to pass through the Van Allen belts?
- 20:07 [Bespin] How do wormholes work?
- 22:55 [Mustafar] Is JWST really worth its $10B?
- 28:15 [Alderaan] Misconseptions about telescopes
- 31:49 [Dagobah] Will we ever build a space elevator?
- 36:34 Outro
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
🤳 OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)