[Interview] Immune System for Your Mind Against Disinformation with Lee McIntyre
Today I'm talking to Lee McIntyre, philosopher of science and the author of a recently released book 'How to Talk to a Science Denier'. We talked about the problems with science communication in modern society, the challenges that misinformation poses, and how we can possibly fight it.
📖 Lee McIntyre Books: https://leemcintyrebooks.com/
🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday
- 00:00 - Intro. Meet Lee McIntyre
- 00:47 - Where does science denialism come from
- 09:12 - Climate change, Moon Landing, Shape of the Earth
- 13:28 - How to fight it
- 18:41 - Double standard of reasoning
- 20:22 - The only thing that will work
- 26:58 - Changing your mind: weakness or strength?
- 32:56 - Uncertainty in science
- 40:12 - How to do it better
- 44:26 - Immune system for the mind
- 59:53 - Outro
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 55,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-KklSGlCiJDwOPdR2EUcg/
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)