[Interview] Can Life Exist Around Red Dwarf Stars?
Red Dwarfs will be the longest living stars in the Universe. Many of them have planetary systems, like the famous Trappist-1. But there is a big problem, as red dwarfs can emit mega-flares which could render planets uninhabitable. Finding out, if there is any hope for finding life and how can we study red dwarfs better with Dr Ward Howard.
👉 Ward Howard's website:
🦄 Support us on Patreon:
📚 Suggest books in the book club:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:31 How bad are red dwarf flares
- 16:28 How to solve the flares problem
- 21:43 Lifecycle of red dwarfs and their planets
- 30:02 Any hope for life?
- 35:25 Brown dwarfs
- 36:40 Our place in the Universe
- 41:21 Future of explanatory research
- 48:58 More interviews and final thoughts
📺 VIDEO VERSION
📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 60,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe. It's FREE: https://universetoday.com/newsletter
📩 CONTACT FRASER
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)